playtime

I was so excited to have some time to scrapbook yesterday. I sat down with my new stamps and just played. I sometimes get frustrated that playtime isn't productive. I have to remind myself that it's okay to let loose, have fun, and really have nothing to show for it. I *did* manage to get one card made in the 4 hours I played. LOL
Photobucket
Photobucket
I used two of the stamps that I designed on this card. The background dot is one. The logo on the back of the card is the other...
Photobucket
I will often get an idea of how I want something and then have NO luck finding it. This happens with fabric, paper, clothing, etc. In this case, it happened with stamps. I prefer clear stamps too, so when I set out to have these made, I knew that I'd want to work with someone that could produce clear stamps.

The process was easy. I just opened photoshop and got to designing. I then emailed the owner of Imagine Stamps and she replied right away with a price quote. Honestly, I was slightly hesitant. Anytime you have custom work done there's a chance it won't be as good as commercial products available. That wasn't the case at all. I got right to work using my stamps and love the final result. I will definitely get more stamps designed and place another order!

The butterfly on the card is one that I purchased on Etsy. All I did was ink it up with Versamagic chalk ink and heat emboss. (The dots and logo are stamped with Versacolor and heat embossed with clear powder). I love fun, easy projects that look great when they're done :)

4 comments:

CA-scrappin said...

Very nice- love the butterfly

jillconyers said...

Love the stamps! My fav is the single row of circles.

Anonymous said...

That card is gorgeous :)

Cassie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I love your card and just like playing with supplies, too. It's so much fun.
I'm so glad you posted about the custom stamp. I've been thinking about doing that and had no idea where to go.