sunday's snuggle

This is my newest nephew, Mason. He is such a precious baby. We snuggled on Sunday and ended up falling asleep on the couch together. There's something so peaceful and hypnotic about a baby. I need to borrow him once in a while to just have a totally awesome nap! (it kinda reminds me of that episode of Friends when Joey and Ross fall asleep watching a movie and have such an awesome nap that Joey attempts to get Ross sleepy so they can nap again...LOL!!)

My brother and sister-in-law asked me to take some photos of him, so I dropped by their house bright and early Monday morning. It was stormy and cold, which was awesome for me (I love storms) but not so awesome for a teeny little bundle, so we took some photos inside by their big living room window. Mason takes after me... he hates being in front of the camera. He fussed every time he heard the click, saw the flash, or saw me coming at him. He got fed up with us and fell asleep. I wish the weather had been better so that we could have gone outside and used the natural light. Hopefully there's 2 or 3 decent enough photos in the 180 I took (LOL, but also a little sad).

4 comments:

meg said...

I love that top picture. Nice work! Babies are so cute, especially when you can't hand them back over to their parents when they start screamin! :)

Lily said...

ooo, I just want to squeeze him. I know what you mean about the baby napping. I used to love watching my hubby on the couch asleep with a baby on his chest. Just warmed myheart.

Melinda said...

Does he have RED hair?!!! I am SO jealous! Since I have been with my honey I have wanted a RED headed baby. I don't mind, tho. I would never trade my Sammy!

Thanks for the post. You are sweet. He does look really good for a newborn. His sin is super peely ans I hate it. :( Too bad you're not around to hold him. He's a sweetie. It's nice to appreciate nieces and nephews. I love being an aunt!

Melinda said...

So I meant to put comment instead of post, skin instead of sin, and instead of ans...that's what I get for blogging while holding and feeding the baby. :P