new goals

I spent a couple hours emptying a large cupboard last weekend so that I had a spot set up to start building food storage. I have a fantastic apartment and a great landlord, but I lack a cold storage room under my porch. LOL.

Frankly, the thought of getting started with storing food is completely overwhelming, but it's something that I've wanted to do for a while. Steph and I asked our parents for the food storage starter kit for Christmas last year, so I've got wheat, rice, beans, and oats. To be honest though, I'd have to be literally starving to eat those beans. LOL I think it's a great starting off point, but I need our storage to be more practical.

What I've decided to do is to stock up on items that we'll use when I find great deals. Today I spent about $15 and I bought 6 cans of tomato soup, 4 cans each of tuna, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and green beans, 3 cans of diced green chilies, and two bottles of gatorade. Stir that all together and enjoy. j/k

I've got a long way to get where I want this to be, but I'm really so excited. This little tiny dent on this goal makes me happy.

2 comments:

StephanieJanice said...

I like that we have started. I also like that we can slowly add to it by purchasing a little here and there. I am glad that we both want to have food storage. Thanks for being on the same page with me!

Candace said...

Yea for food storage! way to go!